Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mmhendrie
Regular MemberPosts: 364
Like?
using built in flash over 200 feet
Feb 11, 2013

Guys, was just at the zoo on Saturday. It was snow day at LA zoo, so that seemed to bring out a lot of SLR users - lots of high-end stuff on display.

I was at the popular tiger enclosure, trying to get a couple of shots. There were a lot of big lenses around. There was an older lady right next to me using a Canon. I'm not sure of the model, but it was a very large dSLR, with the top LED panel and vertical grip - and she had a monster cream-colored lense on the end of it. I tend to try and watch people like that out of the corner of my eye, see vaguely what they're doing and see if i can pick anything up. One thing that struck me, she had the built-in pop-up flash out, and...it was flashing when she shot.

It did leave me confused - my assumption was her setup would be a few thousand dollars initially, so i presume she knows what she's doing - what's the benefit of using a built-in flash on subjects that must have been about 150-200feet away?

thanks,

Matt

-- hide signature --

www.wingedwarriors.co.uk

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow