First Practice shots with my FZ200

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
dgcummins
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?
Re: First Practice shots with my FZ200
In reply to chillgreg, Feb 11, 2013

chillgreg wrote:

Wow dg, what a great effort! I really enjoyed seeing your photos, and it seems you have a good eye for composition, which is a major head start.

If you're not too interested in spending time post-processing (PP) on your computer after the fact, the FZ200 has a ton of colour controls and creative filters built-in. Some of these can be applied after the photo has been taken as well.

Go through the manual slowly at the kitchen table and experiment. It's a lot of fun and you'll have more confidence when the actual photo opportunities present themselves.

Oh, and make use of the Custom Settings too, they are a great way to store your favourite setups. Eg kids, low-light, scenery, whatever floats your boat.

Keep on plugging and have fun

Greg

Your comments mean a lot, thank you.  I have no problem with post-processing.  Right now I only have Photoshop Elements and of course the Silky Pix that came with the camera.  I will look at what the camera can do with PP.

I do have a question about that. Can I make a copy of the original JPG picture in the camera?  I made a cursory attempt to understand how that would work.  I think I can copy to the camera memory, change the name, then copy back to the MC where I would attempt to PP using the controls in the camera, right?  Is there another way?  Or better to PP while in the camera memory?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow