Sony E-Mount 10-18 f4 or Tokina 11-16 f2.8

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jefenator
Senior MemberPosts: 1,393Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony E-Mount 10-18 f4 or Tokina 11-16 f2.8
In reply to baidun, Feb 11, 2013

I briefly had the Tokina 11-16 with the LA-EA1 adapter and found the combination to be objectionably bulky. I am an enthusiastic legacy lens user - none of my old Nikkor or Canon primes bug me that way - not even the FL 55/1.2 or the Micro-Nikkor 105/2.8. But for some reason, I felt that Tokina 11-16 would have been a drag to deal with. (Can't just tote it in a jacket pocket, the way I like to do with all my primes...) Since I had a bad copy, returning it was a no-brainer.

A good copy, delivering sharp renderings as per the lens' reputation, that might be a tougher call. The Sony's size point would be a major consideration and would probably win me over if IQ were in the same ballpark. (Speed and focus feel would be very minor considerations for me in a lens of this type.)

As it is, I'm looking hard at the Voigtlander 15mm - or maybe that Zeiss 12mm when it comes out.

Jefenator's gear list:Jefenator's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS M Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow