panasonic m43s

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
RedDog Steve
Regular MemberPosts: 282Gear list
Like?
Re: panasonic m43s
In reply to Bass Rock, Feb 11, 2013

Bass Rock wrote:

It really isn't helpful to ask for the 'best' because cameras have so many attributes to consider. You have to ask about best for a specific context. If you ask best to fit in a small bag, best to use in cold weather with gloves, best with viewfiender for someone who is short-sighted you will probably get different answers. Even if you asked best image quality you will get different answers because IQ is not a single thing - sharpness, dynamic range, colour etc. all vary across the m43 cameras and sensors, and are affected by the lenses you use.

I don't mean to sound negative. If you want useful advice it would be helpful to explain what you want the camera for, and how you use/carry it. That might narrow it down a bit.

I use the Panny GH3, now that really is the best m43 camera - for me and my uses

Naw, the GX1 is 'best' ;->

It has better battery life, is smaller and lighter. IQ the same as GH3.

rd

RedDog Steve's gear list:RedDog Steve's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow