What is this fascination with iso6400?

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Draek
Senior MemberPosts: 2,028Gear list
Like?
Re: School consert
In reply to Hennie de Ruyter, Feb 11, 2013

Hennie de Ruyter wrote:

By the time I can afford the correct lens to do stage photography at ISO100 my children would have grown up and the moment lost! My parents have no pictures of me on stage as a child, could it be that the perfect world of film also had it's drawbacks? Just maybe?

Or that people back then were more hostile to the sound of a mirror going up and down during a stage performance. These days you can shine a light into other people's eyes with your smartphone or tablet, and absolutely nobody seems to mind.

One of these days I'm going to a classical concert with an SLR and an external flash, to see if *that* gets me kicked out of the theater. That annoying lady and her iPad certainly didn't.

Some of us cannot afford F1.4 lenses. If it bother folks here I can always furnish my bank details

Professional f/1.4 lenses sure, but consumer-end f/1.8 or f/2 lenses are cheap enough, if you couldn't afford them, you most likely shouldn't have been able to afford your camera to begin with; particularly one with what's considered "decent" performance at ISO6400.

Draek's gear list:Draek's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Samsung TL500 Canon PowerShot A1200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A390
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow