D800 matrix metering vs. D600 matrix metering.

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
clarnibass
Senior MemberPosts: 1,328
Like?
Re: Now an example where the light is outside a focus point...way outside all the focus points.
In reply to Daniel Lauring, Feb 11, 2013

Hi

I was one of the people who checked the Matrix of the D600 after your thread and found what seemed like pretty similar results to yours. At least similar in that my Canon 550D always exposed brighter.

However, although my D600 seems to "protct" highlights sometimes, it never gives such dark photos like in your example. In addition, just a few days ago I shot another concert and tried matrix instead of center and spot that I normally use. To my surprise, it worked great. With strong lights in the frame, exposure was very good. The photos have people that I don't want to post here, but I can email you if you'd like.

Re your room example, it is very strange. The D800 is f/2 & ISO 4000. The D600 is f/4.2 & ISO 1000. That's just over four stops more for the D800. The shutter speed is 1/80 for the D800 and 1/15 for the D600, which cancel back two and a half stops. So the difference in exposure is just over a stop and a half. I could be wrong but the difference looks significantly more than that...?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow