Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bgalb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,275Gear list
Like?
www.spotthestation.nasa.gov
Feb 11, 2013

You can sign up to get email notices when the international space station will be visible from your location.  You get a notice usually 12-16 hours in advance on when the space station will be visible from your location.  They give direction of "station rise", time of appearance in your local time, time of transit and direction of "station set".  I checked it last night and it appeared right on the minute as announced.

I will try to get something with my 100-300 lens next time, but would really like to see some of you astronomers get a really clear photo of the station.  How about it?

Also does anyone know the exact exposure that will give best detail.  I am assuming that a "sunny 16" or even shorter exposure will be necessary.

bgalb's gear list:bgalb's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow