Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
bowportes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,638Gear list
Like?
Re: G5 vs OM-D for IQ and Ergonomics
In reply to drtmw, Feb 11, 2013

wrote:

Dear Dave,

I have a G5 and upgraded from a G3. I looked at an Oly but for my somewhat larger than average hands I found it fiddly and not that easy to hold comfortably and importantly not easy to actually use. The screens etc. were great of course, and the image quality is also great I understand. I am completely satisfied with the IQ of the G5 and I routinely shoot my G5 (with the great 12-35) single handed. It has, for me anyway just enough grip and the size and weight is not bad. So I'd recommend it over the Oly on ergonomic grounds. I have contemplated one of the hand grip type straps and for you this might be great. I think the G5 is at the sweet spot for m4/3, great IQ, proper size, and reasonable price.

Good luck in your chase!

tom

A very nice summary of the G5. I second it completely. If your lenses have OIS, the image quality of the EM5 and G5  is very comparable, with a slight nod to the EM5 for very contrasty and very low-light shooting situations. The image quality of the G5 is excellent though, and it handles beautifully.

bowportes's gear list:bowportes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow