7D Jpg and 7D Raw the Same?

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jeff Peterman
Forum ProPosts: 10,574Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D Jpg and 7D Raw the Same? 1 for, 11 against.
In reply to Greg Lavaty, Feb 11, 2013

You may be able to set up the customer configuration/picture styles of the 7D so that you can match the results from a RAW file under any conditions. I've never tried. I do know that you can set the white balance on the 7D so that there's no advantage to adjusting it further from the RAW files.

BUT, I often take shots in changing lighting/white balance situations, where the ideal 7D configuration can vary from shot to shot with very little time between those shots. With RAW, I can forget about white balance until I process the image, and I can forget about having to adjust things other than framing, exposure, and focus from shot to shot, which means that I'm more likely to capture the shot I want.

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman, Moderator 7D and Phone/Tablet forums.
Not a staff member, or paid employee, of DPReview.
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com

Jeff Peterman's gear list:Jeff Peterman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow