Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
t.c. marino
Contributing MemberPosts: 599
Like?
Re: PROOF THAT D3200 DOES NOT SUCK
In reply to Reilly Diefenbach, Feb 11, 2013

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

Here you go, jrp.

The D3200 is about a half stop noisier than the D7000 with no noise reduction, but about a half stop better with it, owing to finer grained noise. Higher MP=finer-grained noise=better noise reduction processing. The D3200 at 6400 looks better to my eye than the NEX7.

My philosophy is simple: put my best effort forward and wring the maximum image quality out of each and every pic I want to put in a collection. That sometimes involves noise reduction if the pic couldn't be obtained at lower ISO. Others may feel differently, putting 'em up warts and all, and that's fine too.

I've got two sets here, one from Imaging Resource ISO 6400 samples, and another from DPR's. A standardized test scene with low light and deep shadow would certainly be a much tougher test, but no such comprehensive archive exists to the best of my knowledge.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51747496@N08/sets/72157632037385165/

I would never shoot a DX camera at 12,800. Turn the light on.

The correct way to compare these is to click through to the full size "Original" jpgs, download them, then have a look at them at 100% in View NX or other viewer and make up your own mind.

Or you could do all the work yourself :^)

I'm quite happy with the detail retention and maintenance of correct color at 6400 with the D3200.

thanks for the link...and bailout,snow storm canceled my gigs in the northeast.i've shot d3200 at 1600 iso...not bad at all,but i did not buy for that as i have d700/d600 for high iso shooting.love it iq at the lower settings.cheers

-- hide signature --

nikonshooter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
STFUNew
failNew
alsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow