use of kenko mc7 macro tele 2x on pentax k-30

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Questions thread
audiobomber
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,365Gear list
Like?
Re: use of kenko mc7 macro tele 2x on pentax k-30
In reply to HawaiiMike, Feb 11, 2013

HawaiiMike wrote:

Pentax seems to advise setting body to Manual, Dial to Manual, setting green button to Tvshift n menu and enabling aperture ring in menu. Set this way when powered up I need to enter focal length. Do I enter 50 mm if using as macro and 100 mm if using as a tele? Or always 100mm?

Always 100mm.

Instructions say to push green button before final focus to meter and set shutter speed. However, by this method changing the aperture ring on lens does not appear to have much effect?

Are you sure the camera dial is set to M?

You need to set the aperture ring and ISO before you meter. Note that, especially for macro, you may not want to use the settings the camera suggests.

When I shoot macros I decide on my aperture setting and a minimum shutter speed, then I adjust ISO to give me proper metering. If the ISO is getting too high, I compromise on aperture and/or shutter speed. Typical settings for my 100mm macro would be 1/180s, f11-16, and try to keep ISO below 800 for the K20D, ISO 1600 for the K-01. But those settings are for 1:1 macro, you'll only be going to 1:3, so you can possibly compromise on aperture. It depends on what you're shooting.

Should I be setting this up some other way? Any guidance is appreciated....maybe I should post this in beginner forum!

They won't know what you're talking about. The Green button for metering is unique to Pentax.

-- hide signature --

Dan

audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow