Sony E-Mount 10-18 f4 or Tokina 11-16 f2.8

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
baidun
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Re: Sony E-Mount 10-18 f4 or Tokina 11-16 f2.8
In reply to kazkioken, Feb 11, 2013

Thanks for all the replies and feedback. I'm going to have to get to the bottom of things and just make a decision - I think either lens can be resold if I decide incorrectly for me.

The size/weight of the Tokina doesn't bother me too much as I routinely carry the SEL18-200 (original) lens on my Nex 7, love the versatility and IQ, and am used to the weight. I do take videos with the setup, so the OSS in the Sony 10-18 would be helpful and may make up for the difference between f4 and f2.8. I can get the Tokina in used but excellent condition for about 400 less than the Sony; the Sony is too new to be found used. When it comes to lenses, especially in the size I use a lot, I don't like to skimp and tend to put IQ and low light capability at the top of my priority list. In-camera lens correction may end up being a decision factor for me, but being forced into learning Lightroom isn't a bad thing either:)

Regards,

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow