Underwater housing for RX100

Started Aug 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
xabain2003
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Re: On the verge of buying one - update
In reply to lesnag2, Feb 11, 2013

lesnag2 wrote:

In the mean time I contacted the seller on eBay (see my previous post).
He confirmed that the seller on Alibaba (Shenzhen Kaichengyi Mould Product Co., Ltd. a.k.a. hkmeikon) is the actual manufacturer of Meikon housings.

The price for the housing by both sellers is close - 149 vs. 145 USD. The significant difference is in the DHL shipping price, eBay seller being heavily more expensive. As alternative the eBay seller offers Hong Kong Speedpost which is 25 USD higher, but it complicates things when it arrives to my country.

I have decided to wait until Chinese New Year holidays are over to get shipping price and conditions confirmed by the Alibaba seller.
Frankly, I'm inclined toward the eBay seller simply because of the security but possible customs complications drive me off. If the Alibaba seller does not accept Escrow payment, eBay will win.
I'll keep posting updates.

P.S. Once I get my hands on the housing I will write a small review. I am going to a trip with some diving next month, hopefully with RX100 and will post the impressions.

Hi

I have bought the Ebay one just this morning.

I think Meikon Housing are usually good. Equivalent to original housing.

The price for the Nauticam is to high for my use, around 30 dives per year and in 3 or 4 years probably you will changes your camara for another one.

I have put my actual one ( a panasonic original housing)  under 50 meters without any leak.

I know a few people who have the Meikon one for the Canon S100 and are quite happy with it.

I will let you know How it goes.

Regards

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow