Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
OntarioJohn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,959Gear list
Like?
Re: Why is EVF a negative thing?
In reply to Answell, Feb 11, 2013

Answell wrote:

cosmonaut wrote:

Well I used my D800 for some time lapse star shooting on the lake and very dark. It was one heck of a PITA to get the D800 setup and perfect focus.

I am not trying to make this a negative thing. I honestly believe that there are some people who have been using an EVF for sometime to be very good at it, but until I have become more comfortable with EVF, OVF is still more to my liking . I have no problem with EVF in appropriate lighting condition , but in bright sun, I find it to be hard to see . On the other hand , I just got back from trying some of my Minolta lens , and I must confess that the Sony A65 is a great camera to use. The only problem I had, was what I pointed out before . It was very sunny in Ontario today, and with the snow reflecting as well, I had a very hard time seeing trough the viewfinder.

Taken in Ontario, bright blue sky, snow on the ground.  If you see snow flying around in the shot my dog just shook it off.  After buying her head and front end in the snow.

Go to a highway, and stand about 40 feet from the cars and shoot as they drive by, one eye on the cars and one in the viewfinder.  You get the way to handle the camera quickly.  It's a learned action.  Repeat.  Once you have it down it works even on ducks, who fly about as fast as anything, with the exception of a diving peregrine falcon.  I am going to the nest site now, they have been mating on a high ledge over the city.  Pigeons beware.

It will not be long before OVF cameras are the dinosaurs and everyone has EVF.  The arguments will stop once the Nikon world wakes up.  Flapping mirrors are not a good thing for taking nice shots.

-- hide signature --

John D. Conley nemo me impune lacessit

OntarioJohn's gear list:OntarioJohn's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow