Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
bobh121
Regular MemberPosts: 136
Like?
Re: Conflict of interest
In reply to Sal Baker, Feb 11, 2013

Sal Baker wrote:

Tom-C wrote:

But if the printer produced terrible results they would have an incentive to say so.

A person that bought a printer expecting great prints because Red River said so, would likely not want anything to do with Red River, or perhaps any home printing, if the prints were awful rather than great.

Reading the review it seems heavy on objective reporting of features with not a lot of judgement on their part. Well, other than the section on how wonderful their papers are with the printer.

If I were considering the Pro-10 I would find this review useful for its discussion of the printer's features.

Also useful is the printing cost results they have posted. $1.12 for an 8x10 when the Epson R3000 cost is $0.78.

My biases: I have lots of Canon cameras and lenses but no Canon printers. My printers are Epsons: 3880 and 7900. And I use roughly equal quantities of Epson paper and Red River paper.

Tom

Where did you see the printing cost results in the posted review? How did they measure the cost per print? I can't seem to find that in the article at all.

Sal

The cost results are here:

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/cost-of-inkjet-printing-canon-pro-10.html

Some people may not agree with there methodology to calculate costs but they are consistent and a good way to compare different printers.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow