Why I switched to an OM-D Locked

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
TORN
Contributing MemberPosts: 713
Re: Why I switched to an OM-D
In reply to idiotekniQues, Feb 11, 2013

Yes that surely shows something. I size was my priority in DSLR land I would probably had something like a 600D plus a Tamron 17-50. Still it is bigger as the mirrorless but it would fit in right in the middle between those.

To me the biggest advantage is that with a pancake a mirrorless fits into a coat pocket. Longer lens attached it hangs around my neck just like the other. Have to admit I am in for size and not so much for minimum weight. It is quite possible to have a full frame kit which won't break your neck. I went fora while with a 5D, Voigtländer 20+40+90 whichis about 1500g and none of the lenses is essentially bigger than the mft, with no AF though but full metal instead. Now with a new 6D it would be even less weight and bulk.

To me the E-M5 just overdid a bit on the size front. It decreases usability for me. Or let's sayFuji and Sony did a better job FOR ME to keep ergonomics up but herethe E-M5 polarizes.

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow