First Practice shots with my FZ200

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
dgcummins
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?
Re: First Practice shots with my FZ200
In reply to Rodger1943, Feb 11, 2013

Rodger1943 wrote:

Good early attempts Diane. I'm pretty sure that in one of the pics where you said there were some ghosts in the foreground, they were probably grasses or reeds that were way out of focus. Often you don't notice them when you are shooting something as your concentration is elsewhere. I have lots of bird shots with out of focus vegetation in front.

I am also an artist, I do wildlife in watercolour and gouache. What sort of things do you paint and in what medium?

Here's my latest. My wildlife art got me interested in photography, as I needed to take photographs for reference.

Oh my!  That's very nice.  Love the colors and the movement in the water.  It's so alive!  I've painted in several mediums in the past, but not currently painting. I have mostly enjoyed watercolors and acrylics although last year I tried my hand with pastels.  I'm still intriqued with pastels.  I too have done photography for reference shots but I have only done one bird.  Many years ago as a member of my local Audubon, I painted a female Kingfisher using color pencils.  It was used for their t-shirts and note cards for fund raisers.  Great fun.

I really don't think those ghosts were grasses or weeds as I was standing where there were none around me.  It's a mystery...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow