RX 1 buying spree?

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Questions thread
BobYIL
Contributing MemberPosts: 888
Like?
Re: RX 1 buying spree?
In reply to ekaton, Feb 11, 2013

ekaton wrote:

A superb fast Sonnar lens mated to one of the currently best FF sensors and everything housed in a premium built jacket pocketable body. Considering that, it's actually quite reasonably priced. It's worth it to me. Easily beating my M9 with 35 asph Summicron in IQ & lens rendering (and certainly price).

Probably the best 35/2 lens existing, undoubtedly the best 24MP sensor to date. It's not expensive, the Summicron 35 alone costs more than $3K. Sony do not need to enlarge the body to house an optical viewfinder; a faster and accurate AF is what the RX1 needs so that we can use the center of the add-on optical viewfinder (Zeiss or Leica) like a rangefinder. And an articulated LCD for hip-shooting would turn it into a killer street camera.

This concept is revolutionary, just like when the first integrated rangefinder-viewfinder was introduced with the Contax II. It needs revision just like the X100 did, now they are claiming the fastest AF available... and I am sure Sony engineers are working on the next version.

-- hide signature --

BobYIL

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow