Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bollox
Regular MemberPosts: 339Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M5 + 75/1.8
In reply to micksh6, Feb 11, 2013

micksh6 wrote:

Bollox wrote:

At first I thought this combo was a bit big - but then again this combo is 2.5 times lighter than the D700+135/2 (or 180/2.8)

I think you were right at first, and OM-D + 75mm combo is not just a bit big, it's gargantuan comparing to E-PM1 (or, more relevant E-PM2) and 45mm F1.8. Which is 2.5 times lighter than E-M5 and 75mm and which would probably be the best miniature portrait camera/lens combo in existence right now.

Just kidding, I like 75mm too.

^^ Ha ha i like the proportions on this shot -  

I too have an E-PM1 - it is pretty awesome with the 45/1.8

As for D700+135/2 - I can't even think about it because this thing is bigger than my head and I have trouble thinking about things that don't fit in my head.

It is a bit longer than one of my fav. focal lengths 135mm but it seems fine and when I look at the IQ of this lens I'm pretty amazed.

75mm lens actually gives the same FOV as 135mm with FF if you crop FF 3:2 aspect ratio shot to 4:3 aspect ratio. Same 9 degrees vertical angle.

OK - perhaps that's why I like so much

Nice shots you made with this combo. These:

Thanks!

Some samples: (larger versions can be found on my flickr here)

and also see my shot:

I believe we are thinking similarly in terms of composition and how to use this combo. You just need a touch of summer in your geographical area. If I may suggest, I would boost shadows a bit to see girl's face better.

^^ That is a wonderful shot and thanks for the advice

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/westergaard

Bollox's gear list:Bollox's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus E-M1 Nikon 1 AW1 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow