Wedding in Czech Republic need some gear advice

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
mu55
Senior MemberPosts: 1,316Gear list
Like?
Re: Wedding in Czech Republic need some gear advice
In reply to Blownvette, Feb 11, 2013

Take the 5D3 with the 24-105 and 2 600RT flashes, take the 50D as an emergency backup only, take the harness system if you like but I'd recommend the "lensloop" sling strap for shooting with a single camera. Thats the minimum gear i'd take, 24-105 is plenty of range, f4 is slowish but you can use the 2 600RT flashes to create your own light (stick on somewhere bounced on manual to fake ambient light and the other ETTL on the camera)

I'd be tempted by the 12-24 for the city shots but you'll prob only use it maybe 3 or 4 photos at the wedding. All of the other lenses have uses and would give great results but it's alot to carry and will slow you down, I wouldn't take more than you can fit into your 300AW. You can usually get away without a light stand in most cases - just be resourceful

more importantly have a blast

Blownvette wrote:

I'm going this summer to Prague to shoot my Sister in Laws wedding. I've shot a few wedding as a back up photographer so I feel very comfortable with my gear and ability, however this is definitely not my primary shooting style. Not looking for advice here about how to shoot more just a general gear question for the trip. I'm also staying an extra week to shoot the city so this is why I'm posing the question I have alot of gear, just want to see if I can get some great suggestions on what to bring and why. That being said...keep in mind Wedding, Reception and City Lanscapes. I know I'm overs thinking it abit, but would love to have some opinions.

Here is all of my gear. What would you pack:

Canon 5Diii

Canon 50D

(3) 600 ex/rt

(1) Transmitter

(Various diffusers and gels for flash)

5-1 Reflector

(2) Umbrella and (1) SoftBox with Grid

(4) Light stands

Sigma 12-24

Canon 24 1.4L

Sigma 35 1.4

Canon 50 1.5

Sigma 85 1.4

Canon 100 2.8L Macro

Canon 24-105L 4.0

Canon 70-200L 2.8 II

Think Tank Roller (will fit in overhead on a plane)

Think Tank Belt and Harness System

Low Pro 300AW Sling

Manfrotto CF Tripod

Manfrotto Self Standing MonoPod

mu55's gear list:mu55's gear list
Ricoh GR Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow