x100 What am I doing wrong?

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Not everywhere.
In reply to rattymouse, Feb 11, 2013

Ratty, I know there are halls like that across the country;  my experience, I must admit, has not been in venues probably as prestigious as Chicago, etc.  There's always some advantages to living in the sticks.

On the other hand, it would be a cold day in hell if I paid $300 for a ticket and got run out of the room by some hysterical artist or patron for clearing my throat.  So I can well imagine I'd skip those venues, I don't care who's playing.  I've been around musicians and performers from many genres all my life, and that's just a bit much, if not entirely, unfortunately, not all that uncommon.

On the other hand, I once watched the late Arthur Rubinstein cut up with the audience between movements in Jones Hall in Houston.  If only I could have heard Horowitz play 'Stars and Stripes Forever' !  Guys like that were Full Growed Men, not hysterical narcissists.  Jarrett neds to be like them, not Glenn Gould.  But I digress . . . . .

If I can't quietly and unobtrusively take pictures, there's no reason for me to go.

All the Best,

JW

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow