First Practice shots with my FZ200

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
dgcummins
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?
Re: First Practice shots with my FZ200
In reply to GeraldW, Feb 11, 2013

GeraldW wrote:

Not bad at all for openers. You certainly had a lot of really good subject matter to work with. I'm very jealous. You dont say what your settings were - knowing that would help. I don't have the software to read the full EXIF data.

Several of us here have stubbornly kept working with our FZ200's to try and find optimum settings. It has taken a while; but we finally have a consensus. In one of the Creative modes (PASM) set the sharpening to -2 and the noise reduction to -1. Then set iResolution to ON. Not a part of the group's consensus; but I found the WB a little too cool, so I set the fine tuning for Auto WB to +3 amber, +2 magenta. That warms up the pictures, and probably would have given a better rendition of the colors in the clouds.

Set up that way, the camera gives very good to excellent image quality to ISO 800, and ISO 1600 is quite usable.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you.  Since I was trying out different things, I just kept pushing buttons and moving dials so I was not very consistent with the posted pix.  I have since then (about 2 days ago!) pretty much set the camera to the settings you describe.

The only question I have is, where do I go to change the Auto WB as you describe.  I agree that the colors are a bit too cool.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow