COME ONNNNNNNN NIKON!

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
malch
Forum ProPosts: 10,322
Like?
Re: As an armchair corporate visionary . . .
In reply to MiraShootsNikon, Feb 11, 2013

MiraShootsNikon wrote:

I think part of the problem is that the mirrorless / EVF paradigm encourages you to think about post-processing decisions in the viewfinder. If you shoot the OM-D, when you put your eye to the camera you see the world in Olympus JPEG color and contrast--which, of course, you should feel free to change right then and there if you like. That was the big rub for me: I just want to concentrate on my model's expression, pose, and movement--on the decisive moment. The post decisions--color, contrast, structure deviations from camera neutral--I'd prefer to think about on big calibrated high-resolution computer screen, which I can manipulate with truly powerful tools like Photoshop. The whole "make an arty photograph right from the viewfinder" paradigm the mirrorless / EVF model pushes seems built to appeal to people who think "arty photograph" means manipulation of the camera's built-in "art filters," as opposed to the subject's expression, pose, and movement--elements you absolutely need that immediate visual connection to achieve.

That's an interesting point and I'm sure it will be an issue for a few people.

Personally, I had no problem adapting from an optical to electronic viewfinder. And because I always shoot RAW, I'm not tempted to worry about picture controls/effects.

My kids and next generation of shooters take to electronic realities so readily that they'll probably find optical viewfinders "like totally weird, dude"

And, of course, EVF's are only going to get better.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow