Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
imabel
Contributing MemberPosts: 740Gear list
Like?
New V1 and some sun in the NW
Feb 11, 2013

Just a quick couple of shots from the back deck today to check out the V1 and 10-30 kit lens.  I thought they turned out rather well.  Auto WB and Program mode - (ISO 100-400). The colors are dead on in both photos as I processed them on the back deck with my macbook.

I had read that the basic kit was soft and lacked contrast. They may be a pixel peeper size, but on my 13" mac they are excellent and would print very good at 8x10 or slightly higher. I processed the RAW images in CaptureNX2 (latest version).  I have taken these shots prior with Panasonic G1, 2, & 3 with standard kit, and the Oly Epl-1 and EPL-2 with standard kit, and these two images are hands down the best of either one from the previous 5 camera's.  I shot some indoors of a birthday party of a friends daughter @ iso 1600 and 3200 that also cleaned up nicely. I promised my friends I would not post as children other than my own grandchildren were in each photo.

Thanks for looking, comments & critiques welcome.

Mike

imabel's gear list:imabel's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +1 more
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow