R3000 ink levels display

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jay Reeves
Contributing MemberPosts: 631
Like?
Re: R3000 ink levels display
In reply to Phil Hill, Feb 11, 2013

Phil Hill wrote:

Check your Start Menu to see whether EpsonNet is installed. If it's there, make sure that it can see your printer. If you don't find it you can get it from Epson's download page. In fact, you should also be using the current downloadable drivers, and there even have been a couple of firmware updates.

I do have EpsonNet Setup.  Ran it again tonight and ...

in the Select a Printer window the printer shows, but status is "Network Not Set", MAC Address is correct, and Ip address says "NONE".

Here is the error message ---

"The printer's network configuration is incomplete.

Check the printer's IP address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway.

If DHCP is enabled in your network, we recommend selecting "Acquire the IP Address Automatically Using DHCP (Recommended)" in "IP Address Settings".

After confirming the IP settings, try the "Printer Diagnostic Check" again and confirm that the printer is correctly configured."

So Phil, thanks for being stubborn with your advice - now I just need to figure out how to set this up.  Perhaps I need to figure out how to get into my Linksys router to see what IP the person helping me set it up as.  The issue, as best as I can understand it is that the IP in the router needs to be set to static and that is what the computer wiz did.

I'll work on this and let you know how it goes.  If I can't do this in five minutes then it will be a couple of days before I can go at it again.

Thanks for your patience and help,

Jay

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow