Stacking with Photoshop Elements

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
NoRules
Contributing MemberPosts: 954
Like?
Re: Stacking with Photoshop Elements
In reply to privateman, Feb 11, 2013

privateman wrote:

Now that we were taught about stacking with Photoshop CSx, what can we do when we have only Photoshop Elements? Without famous auto stacking feature, as far as I know.

Any idea how to do the stacking with PSE (10 or 11)? I tried burst mode, but handheld there are bad results without proper aligning. Are there maybe any special plugins?

Hi,

In astro photos the auto align does not work either, so I always have to do them manually. It's extra work but nothing to complain about

1. Open all images.

2. Copy and paste all images as layers into one image by Select All, Copy and Paste commands.

3. When one image has all the other 10 images as layers, turn off visability inn all layers except one, turn it to 50% opacity and align manually. Turn this off and go to next layer.

4. Turn all lyers on and adjust opacity manually, or downlod the free script for this (Yes there is one, but I don't remember where)

5. Flatten the image. The whole operation should take about 8 minutes on a mid range computer. I have done it like this up till recently. Works fine. A fully automated workflow takes me about 4 minutes.

-- hide signature --

Free your mind, and your camera will follow...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow