First shots with my LX7

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
guyindasky
Regular MemberPosts: 306
Like?
Re: Some thoughts on your set of photos
In reply to morepix, Feb 11, 2013

morepix wrote:

You evidently like geometric patterns: #s 1, 3, and 7. Photo #1 is a nice piece of op art, found on the floor; #3 is pleasing use of light and shadow. As for #7, I'm particular about alignment, so if it were mine, I'd nudge the lower corners to straighten out the row of stones at the bottom. Not a big thing.

They're all pleasant photos, that have, taken as a whole, little in common other than the three geometry pieces. Another preference of mine is, when I'm showing a set of photos, that they have something in common that makes them a set. I was really struck by the force of that when looking at a wonderful bunch of iPhone photos by Julieanne Kost, Adobe Photoshop evangelist. They depict the simplest of subjects displayed in pairs or threes. Have a look, if you're interested, at her "Moments Alone" series, of which she's posted three, as far as I know: 2011 , 2012 , and 2013. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

Thanks for showing your LX7 images. I've had an LX7 for about the same amount of time as you have, and I'm finding it a real pleasure.

-- hide signature --

David
www.pbase.com/morepix

Thanks for your comments David. I do have an affinity for patterns, shape, repetition and shadows while at the same time I try and force myself out of my typical shooting style, hence my attempt at some street photography. I do like street photography and it takes a bit of effort on my part to break out of my shell and take shots of people.

I've seen some of Julieanne Kost's videos before on using LR but I'll have to take a look at those links you added to see some more of her work.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow