First shots with my LX7

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
morepix
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,190Gear list
Like?
Some thoughts on your set of photos
In reply to guyindasky, Feb 11, 2013

You evidently like geometric patterns: #s 1, 3, and 7. Photo #1 is a nice piece of op art, found on the floor; #3 is pleasing use of light and shadow. As for #7, I'm particular about alignment, so if it were mine, I'd nudge the lower corners to straighten out the row of stones at the bottom. Not a big thing.

They're all pleasant photos, that have, taken as a whole, little in common other than the three geometry pieces. Another preference of mine is, when I'm showing a set of photos, that they have something in common that makes them a set. I was really struck by the force of that when looking at a wonderful bunch of iPhone photos by Julieanne Kost, Adobe Photoshop evangelist. They depict the simplest of subjects displayed in pairs or threes. Have a look, if you're interested, at her "Moments Alone" series, of which she's posted three, as far as I know: 2011 , 2012 , and 2013. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

Thanks for showing your LX7 images. I've had an LX7 for about the same amount of time as you have, and I'm finding it a real pleasure.

-- hide signature --

David
www.pbase.com/morepix

morepix's gear list:morepix's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus Stylus 1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Olympus OM-D E-M10
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow