Rookie mistake, any way to fix it now?

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Questions thread
jojo81
Regular MemberPosts: 120Gear list
Like?
Re: Rookie mistake, any way to fix it now?
In reply to Nell27, Feb 11, 2013

Nell27 wrote:

jojo81 wrote:

Also did you bump the contrast, or play with the colours at all there Nell, the version you posted just seems to stand out so much more than the original!

Thanks.

All I really did was a "auto levels" adjustment in Photoshop and a little bit of sharpening after the noise reduction.

When you consider the high ISO of your original picture, the actual noise levels weren't too bad.

I don't shoot these type pictures and never use anything more than ISO 3200, for the type picture I usually take, so I have to admit that I'm pretty impressed with the high ISO performance of your Pentax.

Pentax has always made good dependable cameras and I sometimes think the company doesn't get the recognition or praise it deserves. Even in the days before digital they always seemed to be in the shadow of Nikon and Canon but still made a fantastic camera and had a lens system that would compete with any manufacturer.

They have a huge variety of old glass available on Ebay for a steal. itt isn't perfect, but get me a bunch of nice lenses which I could never have afforded otherwise. The main seeking points for me were the weather sealing (northern Ireland is not known for its sunshine) and the low light performance. The high ISO performance was a nice supprise. Tho given the low light capabilities not such a shock with hindsight (or maybe the two are completely unrelated...)

jojo81's gear list:jojo81's gear list
Pentax K-30 Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow