Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robert Deutsch
Forum ProPosts: 10,042Gear list
Like?
RX100 ideal rehearsal camera
Feb 11, 2013

I appear regularly in community theater productions of musicals, and like to take photos during rehearsals, photos that are shared with the company and used in promoting the show. I've found the RX100 to be the ideal camera for this purpose. First of all, it's small enough for me to carry it in my shirt pocked, and just take it out when I need it. I have other, larger cameras, but they're not as convenient to carry, and more of a "big deal." However, the size alone would not make the RX100 ideal purpose: it's the size combined with excellent IQ at high ISOs. The lighting in the rehearsal spaces is not very bright, and there is quite a bit of subject movement, so that I have to use ISO 1600 or 3200. This, combined with f/1.8 (I use the widest angle whenever I can) gives me good exposure latitude.

Here are a few examples. The show, BTW, is Young Frankenstein: the Musical. I play the Hermit, as well as appearing in some ensemble scenes.

Bob

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow