Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
baidun
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Sony E-Mount 10-18 f4 or Tokina 11-16 f2.8
Feb 10, 2013

I was wondering if anyone had experience with these two lenses and could provide Pros and Cons? I'm a total newb and have just finished reading Friedman's Sony Nex-7 book a couple of times (and still trying to understand it all), but I've become enamoured at manual focusing (yet very slow at it and miss many shots because of it). I've searched this site but don't see much regarding the Tokina lens. I have a variety of legacy lenses (35mm and up) along with the original SEL 18-200 (my favorite all around lens), the SEL 50, and the SEL 24. I need a wider angle lens for both outdoor and indoor shots, so I figure a wide angle zoom lens that is somewhat fast would be goodness. The Sony seems very nice, albeit a bit slow and more expensive. I'm not sure, but I don't think OSS would be a big factor at these wide angles, especially outdoors? The Tokina seems great spec-wise and less expensive. I don't do RAW as I haven't figured our Photoshop or Lightroom or any of those SW tools.  Does anyone have experience with the Tokina?

Regards

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow