Dilemma - Canon refurbished S95 $279 (on way) v Amazon just reduced S100 to $249

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Calbrit
Regular MemberPosts: 219
Like?
Dilemma - Canon refurbished S95 $279 (on way) v Amazon just reduced S100 to $249
Feb 10, 2013

As I posted on another thread I have decided to return to the S95 from the G15 as the former suited my needs better.

I ordered a Canon refurbished S95 for $279 (plus an exorbitant $15.99 shipping) which is now on its way. I have also just read that Amazon have reduced the S100 to $249.

I have checked various threads and internet posted output images but am now torn/confused by which one to go for. I like the wider angle and extra zoom of the S100 (I don't really care about HD video or GPS) but I was wondering if there is a "seeable" difference between the image quality of the CMOS v CCD sensors. My old S95 produced great shots most of the time and if I can maintain the same, get an improved wide/zoom function and save a little then maybe the S100 would be the one. I have also read forum posters that preferred the S95.

I'm assuming the lens error problems were resolved by Canon and current vendor inventory should be fine on this issue.

I would really appreciate it if anyone here who currently owns both models could provide any guidance with reference to comparative IQ.

Thanks in advance.

Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot S95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow