Recent Experience with Nikon Product Service (phone) regarding D600 Sensor Problem

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Prairie Pal
Senior MemberPosts: 2,160
Like?
Nikon coyly disabled a lot of people's plans to switch to Canon
In reply to Nikonfan99, Feb 10, 2013

Nikonfan99 wrote:

Yes I agree. For my wedding business, doing a brand change would come at a loss of about $6,000 which I cant afford to do. I have been a long long time user of nikon. ~snip~ Check out nikons service advisories and after that go over to canon and do the same. You would think nikon has no issues and all is great. That is falsifying information.

Nikon has driven down the resale value of the D600 in 2 ways;  by offering the free kit lens deal, they have now devalued the camera by $500 or so (sorry I didn't really pay attention to what the lens is worth), and now everyone will expect and wait for that deal to reappear which means the original purchasers of the D600 must drop their selling price by at least that much in order to get rid of it.  That alone will dissuade everyone but the professionals to eat the cost of switching to another brand.  And second, by NOT announcing a fix for the oily shutter problem, they have scared away potential buyers of second hand bodies.  People who know of the oil issue and STILL want to gamble on the camera will want a warranty and the option to return it or keep exchanging it until they find a good one.

Nikon is taking us to the cleaners on so many fronts, too bad the same can't be said about the D600.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow