Will it be wise to order D600 from Adorama to ship in UAE?

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
AngshuArun
Regular MemberPosts: 146Gear list
Like?
Re: Will it be wise to order D600 from Adorama to ship in UAE?
In reply to AngshuArun, Feb 10, 2013

After considering all your valuable suggestions, I went ahead and placed my order. After staying in back order list almost for 2 months, finally I received my D600 on yesterday.

Adorama wanted to keep me awaiting for few more days till March for their in-house cleaning kit (costs around 15 USD) , I cancelled that particular item and they shipped my package on 5-Feb via UPS and I received on 9-Feb.

A total of 296 AED I paid as customs duty (of which 221 is only the customs and UPS charged 75 as disbursement fee) - it turns out to be around 3% of my total cost.

Finally I got D600 with 24-85 kit lens, 32 GB Lexar card, Nikon Wi-Fi kit, additional battery and charger set at little less than AED 8200 - a very good deal at the end. The sensor seems clean enough, I had a pre shutter actuation of 10 (I guess Nikon or Adorama did that to run a quality check) and stuffs are working fine so far.

Time to go out and explore the FX system. Thank you all.

AngshuArun's gear list:AngshuArun's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow