x100 What am I doing wrong?

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
MrChristopher
Senior MemberPosts: 1,030Gear list
Like?
Re: x100 What am I doing wrong?
In reply to BurpeesAreHard, Feb 10, 2013

Thanks everyone, yes the subject was the performers, the architecture would have been the secondary element, but I wanted reasonable clarity on the performers.  On the subject of metering would it have been better to use "spot metering"?  I didn't attempt spot or average, looking back I should have experimented much more before giving up.

Yeah I should have used f2. and even using the hand rail to steady myself I was not still enough for a 1/3 shutter speed.

And the suggestion is to shoot something like this under exposed and then lighten in post, yes?

This is not the type of photography I do very often but I'd like to be able to take decent shots no matter where i am, so I have some work to do

The indoor stuff is what continues to challenge me, don't get me wrong I have taken some very nice shots indoors but even those typically had very high ISO (3200) with super slow shutter speed.  I probably just need to spend much more time indoors experimenting until I get it right.

MrChristopher's gear list:MrChristopher's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow