Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MercurySoft1
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,713Gear list
Like?
Huge News about Catman,
Feb 10, 2013

As some of you may know, we had been trying to contact our old friend Catman (Richard Downing).  Well, in our search we found an obituary for a man of the same name, very little else.  It made sense, as this man passed away a few weeks after Catman's last post on DPR.  I was very sad to find the death notice.  I even left a message on the memorial page, the only one.  Again, I thought that was odd, as Richard has a nice family there in CA.

So, even though I was sure he had passed away, I wanted to contact his family.  I finally did, and guess what!!

It was a different man!  Catman is alive and kicking!   As embarrassing as you would think I would be, I'm not.  I'm just to dang happy to be embarrassed.

Lesson to all of you, please let family members know, that even if this is mostly just internet friendships formed here on the forum, they are still friendships and sometimes really meaningful ones.  Truly caring friendships, long lasting ones in my case going back nearly 8 years now.

Let someone in your family know places where you have friends online, ask them to contact us, if you will be ill for a long period of time, or just leaving on your own free will, because you're sick of us all HA!  But, try and say something so we don't think you're dead.  You might mean more to people on here than you think.

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow