Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
river251
Regular MemberPosts: 229
Like?
Re: Feisol ct3442
In reply to Kuppenbender, Feb 10, 2013

Kuppenbender wrote:

Feisol ct3442 rapid

Height 69" (with optional centre column)

Folded length 19"

Weight capacity 22lb

The main sticking point (apart from the need for an extended centre column) would be the ring leg-locks, but you'll get used to them.

One thing to bear in mind when you're comparing other tripods, a tripod head will add an aditional 3 or 4 inches to the maximum height and often to the folded length. You can remove the head each time you put it away, but that would be a major inconvenience.

The Feisol and other 'systematic' style tripods will fold the legs over the ballhead, so the folded length remains the same.

If you go with the Feisol or similar tripod, I'd suggest trying it without the centre column first. You may find it's tall enough. Extended centre columns adversely affect stability.

Oh, you raise a good point. These tripods that fold back over themselves to be compact have limited space between the legs for a head. I'm sure my Bogen 3030 would not fit. And the included ball heads on these don't seem great. This may be a big point of compromise. Even the Manfrotto 055 four section that fold to 22" probably are lots longer with the head.

Hmmm, this changes the picture...

-- hide signature --

You're as happy as you think you are.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow