Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ssscomp2
Forum MemberPosts: 83Gear list
Like?
Working my way "down". Could use some advice
Feb 10, 2013

OK. So I'm 65 and an enthusiast. Have a bunch of fancy Canon gear started off wi9th 5Dm2 and L lenses and decided that since I rarely printed It was just plain overkill, heavy, and forever left home. Moved "down" to a 7D and eventually felt the same. Moved "down" to a 60D and again the same. Got rid of all my Canon stuff. Started on 4/3 including GH-1 and then GH-2, got rid of that and now have an NEX-7 whcih I love but very slow focus. But APS-C. Then I played with the V1 in the store and loved it. Smaller sensor but I think the differences on screen would be invisible. Looking at the V2 which must be at least as good if not better.

So, two questions:

1.     Assuming on screen viwing only or maximum print of 8X10 will the quality be as good up to 1600 ISO?

2.     If yes, which would give better IQ in your opinion?  10-30 Plus 30-100   or  10-100?

Thanks so much for an input.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow