Like?
Re: 'Broken Reord'
In reply to richard stone, Feb 10, 2013

richard stone wrote:

Daisaku Watanabe wrote:

mroy wrote:

Daisaku Watanabe wrote:

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

I'm not very fan of Raist3d but what you are doing is just personal attack.

Stop it please.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=broken%20record

'One who continually repeats the same statement with little variation, if any.'

There is no personal attack at all - and the picture is very funny actually.

I don' think you need a reply, but this is not funny at all,

and you should not make a thing funny-looking

because you disagree with someone's opinion.

It does not go anywhere. So stop it.

Best

DW

No, I think you are just wrong. There is no need to stop it, and you are wrong to demand it in such an abrupt and rude way. Nothing gives you that right.

It may be a "personal" remark, but it is not about him personally, or an attack on who he is, or his character. It is a comment directly regarding what Raist has repeatedly written about the various cameras and about Kendall, opinions from Raist which are hyper-sensitive to various claimed issues with the various DP/M Cameras. Raist claims to see "color" issues where most people do not,

At this point this is at least somewhat false. There's been several people/owners that have made note of it.

which is one thing, but he offers them and insists upon them in a way that I have found quite abrasive.

You will note that I only reply "abrasive" as you say probably when I am shrugging off the apparent mandate that such thing does not exist combined with a personal attack to what I posted.

Regardless of the various positive reviews the DP2M received, Raist was determined to repeat, again and again, what he perceived as the flaws of the camera, and he was, as I saw it, quite willing to insult anyone who disagreed with him.

And I have also repeated and said the good too.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50774107

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50764201

But somehow you miss that. I even made a whole thread of shots that I think show the DP2M potential the way I would expect it to be.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/42251774

Moreover, I even pointed some shots out on the official DP3M samples that I think are great, but somehow, you miss that (see above).

But Kendal did not call him names or insult him or criticize him. He merely suggested, in a graphic way, that it was just more of the same. I think Kendall exercised considerable restraint under the circumstances.

You are so ridiculous. First he didn't suggest- he said. Let's be clear here. Second, "considerable restraint under... " Don't make me laugh. I don't need Kendall's nor your permission to post here which is what it sounds like. Moreover, I was giving my opinion on what I saw the same way you or particularly Kendall does, but somehow you guys saying "the same thing" does not qualify as a broken record because, you know, it's nothing but praise, so it's all good in the church.

Yay, another hypocrite. Oh and to be clear, yes, I am referring to you. I don't "hide."

Would it have been better if Kendall had said, "Raist, you always say that and see issues which are essentially invisible and which (if they were visible) are curable?" Or is a picture of a broken record worth a thousand words?

He could simply agree to disagree or let it be. The good thing is that what I point out, people don't have to believe me because they can verify it! If you can't see it, you can just read the values over the regions and areas and see how they vary.

Then instead of questioning what I may be imagining, perhaps you could check your yes. After all green and magenta here, are some of the colors color blind people can't see.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow