Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobORama
Senior MemberPosts: 1,622Gear list
Like?
Unremarkable Time Lapse from SLC, Utah
Feb 10, 2013

I was at the Brainshare 2013 conference at the Salt Palace last week... I was part of the pageant, and was too busy to do any real work. Managed to take a couple time lapse video's out the hotel window... ( gack! ) But it came out OK, nice day --> night transition. Also a couple with a Go Pro Hero 960.

K-5 Version vs Go Pro Version of the same sunset. Nothing spectacular. The sunset in the valley is pretty much a toggle switch. The K-5 was about 9000 shots, stacked into groups of 7.

The real difficulty with these shots is that the sky is very smoothy shaded, and this is destroyed by video compression. Increasing the key frame rate to 1:5 helps prevent the "shading cancer" that occurs in large uniformly shaded areas.

And as a bonus: from my booth via Go Pro... This was when sessions were in progress, so not much traffic.

BobORama's gear list:BobORama's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +8 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow