Case of Sigma, DP3 Merrill, SPP 5.5

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guido FORRIER
Senior MemberPosts: 1,402
Like?
Re: Case of Sigma, DP3 Merrill, SPP 5.5
In reply to Daisaku Watanabe, Feb 10, 2013

good afternoon , (here in Brugge )

it looks like aliasing but that can be due to the fact that you look very close on a down sampled image . see also the jaggies in the motorbike rods .

i was in the beginning pleased with the image quality of my sd14 (not the quality of the camera) until i very quick saw in sandy beaches , concrete floors and walls et ... the magenta spot + green corners . there was never an valuable explication from sigma .

even in well sunny lighted scenes : greens in the darker parts of skin tones , sometime blotches .

there was also , even at 100 and 200 iso , some green/magenta noise in shadows (again in very good sunlight ) .

once you know how these problems look , you find them very easy .

there was in this forum a contest who is sigma and who is canon (or was it nikon ) and i had no problems to find a magenta hallo + green corners .

my problem is now that every time i see a sigma/foveon photo i tend to look for these "artifacts" .

that is not a nice behavior , i know .

meanwhile i am very satisfied with bayer camera's : one for video and "street, vacation" photography and one for the better quality . i know that this camara can not the have  more real resolution when pixel  peeping than the DP2M , in practice up to A2 enlargement i see no difference .

guido

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow