First outing with Samyang fisheye

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Isacas
Regular MemberPosts: 424Gear list
Like?
Re: 3 recent samples of mine not defished
In reply to raymb, Feb 10, 2013

Yes, raymb, I hope you got the point about the images not being de-fished!!!:-D You have to make allowances to age and I'm a 73 year-old chick that still goes around every day taking tadddaaaH de-fished pictures!!! Roel gave us the secret to using this lens as a "normal" super wide angle in his post, and I was taught the same trricks on dppreview by Glen (camberbc at Sony forum) who has taken amazing images of his Fogo Island, Newfoundland home over the yrs and was extremely generous with his fellow shooters. As Roel says (and Glen would likewise say), avoid straight lines on the sides and  keep the camera/lens dead level both horizontally and sidewise. That's it. You will see the effect on the LCD or VF. Palm trees with their natural curvature are more forgiving than other trees.... One of the problems with this technique is that the horizon by definition  always be in the center of the image (not always the best for composition) but that can be fixed by cropping on pp. Just go out and try it as a landscape super wide angle tool  following those instructions and you will see how much fun you'll have! Happy shooting! (And I also use Hemi to defish sometimes, he,he)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow