Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
dmanthree
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,277Gear list
Like?
Re: GH3 Time Lapse
In reply to eagle_I, Feb 10, 2013

eagle_I wrote:

dmanthree wrote:

I'll assemble the JPG files into a movie using Movie Salsa, something I've used in the past. The snow is expected to last until tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon, so I should have about a 3 minute movie, if I assemble it at 24fps.

This camera's a kick...

I agree as I'm having FUN trying the new stuff with mine (working on post for WiFi Remote 1st try). Time lapse has always been an interest for me, but not having gear or specific project I've just looked at work of others ... as I am looking forward to seeing your results.

I did a quick look at Movie Salsa and I'm curious on your experience using it ... easy to learn and use? Does it output modern video uuummm ... formats I guess you call them for use on You Tub or Vimeo?

Mark

Movie Salso is OK, but somewhat limited. And you need to install a ton of other codecs to make it work with the outside world. But it does work. Also check out Photolapse, which also required codecs to be installed. I did post the result on Facebook and Youtube. Here's the Youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5BJrrZJm5E

Next time I'll shoot smaller JPG files, and in 16:9 aspect ratio. I like the wide screen look better.

-- hide signature --

No Signature.

dmanthree's gear list:dmanthree's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow