Panasonic DMC-TS4 video shutter speed (control)

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
masser120
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
Panasonic DMC-TS4 video shutter speed (control)
Feb 10, 2013

Hi,

I've got a question about the Panasonic DMC-TS4 which I hope somebody is able to answer.

Can you somehow control the shutter speed of that camera during video, or at least have a fast shutter speed? Does anybody know how fast the shutter speed is during recording videos?

The reason is that I'm going to use it for recording video during skiing. The last camera (which I unfortunately lost during the last kilometer of the last descent of the season and when climbing back it was gone...) was a Nikon Coolpix AW100. It was a good camera, but one thing bothered me during skiing: the rolling shutter effect. It caused the image to judder a lot because of the vibrations. The Panasonic also has Full HD 1080p video, but with a CCD sensor instead of a CMOS sensor, so it has a global shutter which prevents that problem.
However, I also like to (slightly) stabilize the video afterwards using after effects. With the Nikon that wasn't a problem, since the shutter speeds were very fast and no motion blur was present. However, the judder (in the form of skewing) still was of course. I noticed in some sample movies (amongst this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbX0b_jZjWs) that the shutter speed is slower, which means motion blur is going to be more present.
Is there some way to control that shutter speed and have a fast shutter? That would be excellent if it were.

Also, you would ask then, why not a GoPro? Well, simple: I'd use it as a normal photo camera as well. The GoPro doesn't have a zoom lense (and also has a rolling shutter CMOS).

Thank you,

-- hide signature --

Maarten

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 (Lumix DMC-FT4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow