Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobT
Forum ProPosts: 11,864Gear list
Like?
Photo gear's "responsibilities"?
Feb 10, 2013

For a while, I have selected gear with little to no duplication.  But, in my excitement to trade for some inexpensive m4/3rds gear, I may have trouble continuing with this system. Here's what I currently have:

Canon T2i with 15-85mm lens and 70-200 "L" lens(and 1.4X TC). (Also a fisheye lens.)

Canon SX230HS (14X pocket P&S)

Olympus E-PL2 and 2 lenses; 14-42, and 40-150.

I traded away a Canon superzoom for the MFT gear.  I wanted to see just how happy I would be with the MFT for a possible future of ditching the heavier DSLR and replacing it with the MFT gear.  As you can readily see, the MFT gear is VERY close to the same as the DSLR gear...lens wise.

I need the DSLR for action sports.  And I only recently (pre-MFT thoughts) purchased the 15-85 for a trip to the Southwest(for scenics).

Cutting to the chase, how, and for what, do you see that I could use the MFT gear right now, without having it duplicate the other two camera's responsibilities?  Maybe we could replace the MFT lenses with others that would help avoid duplication?

Now that I have the DSLR and MFT systems.....duplicating each other, the objective would be to try and give the MFT gear some different responsibilities of it's own.  I want to avoid any constant concerns about WHICH gear to take to cover WHICH photo subject.  I want those decisions to be obvious, with only one solution.

Maybe something like a fast prime lens for the PEN body, or Macro lens?

I realize you might laugh at this concern, but until I truly know that I would want the MFT to take over the DSLR gear, I'd like to try and separate each gear's responsibilities for right now.  Thanks.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Olympus PEN E-PL2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow