Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Photodug
Senior MemberPosts: 1,762Gear list
Like?
HELP...with editing photos!
Feb 10, 2013

I am lost in Mac land and about to toss this confounded machine into the river!

I am a long time PC user for editing my photos and I knew there would be a learning curve switching to Mac, but I didn't realize I needed a PHD!

The computers:

The old: Dell dual core with 6gb of ram running Vista 64.

The new: iMac 27" with 2.7GHz Intel Core i5, 4 gb ram and OSX 10.8.2. (refurbished 2011 model).

My PC workflow:

Via memory card or camera, images are directly downloaded into Zoombrowser and store in files by date taken. I then import raw images into Lightroom 3 and process and then save into the original Zoombrowser file. Images can then be opened in PSE7 for further editing if needed.

My Mac workflow:

None. I am totally lost and frustrated.

I have Lightroom 3 on the mac and also downloaded Imagebrowser (60D version that came with camera) to capture and organize my photos.

As for PSE, I plan on buying the latest edition as soon as I figure out how to move around in OSX.

I would like my workflow to be the same on the Mac as on the PC because that is what I am used to but this old dog can learn new tricks provided they aren't too complicated. The terminology is different also, adding to my confusion.

I tried downloading images directly from my 60D into Imagebrowser but I got a notice that this OSX did not support that function. Awesome! I went to Canon to update the software but it said I needed to attach the camera to the computer during the download. How will that affect my camera? I don't need my 60D software damaged. I assume my camera needs to be turned on during the download?

I can't figure out how to download images saved to a flash drive to Imagebrowser. I can get them into iPhoto but I prefer to use software I am familiar with.

Please help me convert this $1700 anchor into the awesome photo editor I know it can be!

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Doug

www.pbase.com/photodug www.carepages.com/briansbattle

Photodug's gear list:Photodug's gear list
Canon PowerShot Pro1 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +2 more
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow