Is anyone using Cone cartridges in an Epson R2400?

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Questions thread
TonyGamble
Senior MemberPosts: 2,047
Like?
Re: Is anyone using Cone cartridges in an Epson R2400?
In reply to jtoolman, Feb 10, 2013

Sunday,

Thanks, Joe, for all that advice. I am just about to watch your video about refilling OEM cartridges. However, as it will take me 25 minutes, I decided to pass on some overnight thoughts.

Firstly, I wonder why those refillables from China are so much smaller than the OEM carts. If they were the same size I presume they would contain at least a third more ink and need refilling a third less often. Why are they so tiny?

Secondly. Much as I have valued your wisdom I am disappointed that more Cone/2400 users have not surfaced. Maybe they are too buzy out shooting moose or something at the weekend. At least a couple more people saying they find Jon's cartridges reliable and easy to use would restore my confidence. Yes, I can follow your route of refilling OEM and at least I know they work and don't flood my printer.

But thirdly...Maybe now is the time to move on from the 2400 to a 3880. What has always deterred me from getting rid of the 2400 before is the fact that, being a cautious chap, I always have had serveral cartridges of each ink in stock. Not many people want to buy three of each colour. Now I am down to about one of each I reckon I can sell the printer and one spare of each colour at the sort of price someone buying second hand on eBay will find tolerable.

I can get a 3880 delivered within 24 hours of closing the sale. Chat around here suggests that it is not immediately to be replaced. Chat around here suggests that any replacement may be less easy to use with third party ink.

I'd buy the printer with one spare set of inks. As the first set ran out I'd ask advice as to the viability of refilling the cartridges with my unused Cone ink. I see that Jon sells empty 3880 cartridges but these require me to remove a chip from an OEM one - so I guess it's just as easy to put Cone into the OEM cartridge and use some of that JetTek kit.

Unless someone surfaces soon I will have to take a view that the two sets of cartridges for the 2400 that Cone sold me are useless - and write them off. You think I am filling them the wrong way. Jon has yet to respond to my Thursday email  - but maybe he is also shooting moose this weekend!

A few questions there for you Joe, and any other lurker.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tony

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow