wireless flash on NEX 7

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
macsoft3
Regular MemberPosts: 151
Like?
Re: wireless flash on NEX 7
In reply to windowsmaclinux, Feb 10, 2013

windowsmaclinux wrote:

The "optical slave" I mentioned in the beginning of the last post is a so-called dumb triggering mechanism meaning the slave flash will fire at full power (or whatever power you set it to manually) in response to any flash pulse, including the preflash which of course is a bad thing in this case. To make it work is very easy. You can buy a small optical slave unit and put it on any flash and it will work, meaning there is no need for the remote flash to have a dedicated receiver on the flash body. It's there to read the Morse code communication signals. In a sense this optical slave no difference from radio trigger except for the range/reliability. That's why I was trying to draw a distinction between this dumb optical mechanism from the wireless communication between the flashes in the Sony system. The latter is a lot more capable.

I think the most reliable way to fire a flash in a soft box is a radio trigger (pocket wizard and the likes) because you don't want TTL anyway.

And no you don't need to shout at me to make your point. Thank you.

optical slave is still optical. you complicate things by starting with "its not optical..." The post is to find out if the NEX system is optical or RF.

Still no answer to my question anybody?

How to trigger a flash inside a soft box with TTL with my NEX 7?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow