My excellent adventure, to switch, or not to switch (systems).

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Cartagena Photo
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?
Re: My excellent adventure, to switch, or not to switch (systems).
In reply to TrojMacReady, Feb 10, 2013

hzzn wrote:

If you're really into innovation then why did you originally purchase a Sony a900? Sony was certainly not innovating anything back when this camera was introduced. Aside from having twice as many focus points and 3 more megapixels I can't see why anyone would have purchased an A900 over a 5DMkII. It's missing many of the things the Canon had.

Stabilization for all lenses, no shadow banding, better viewfinder, better lowlight focusing... just to name a few things.

As for the OVF vs EVF, I don't really have much of an opinion on this. I will say that I was at Best buy just the other day and I was playing around with the A57 and Nikon D700, and the EVF on the Sony drove me nuts every time I hit the shutter. The EVF blackout and the slight stutter once the EVF came back up again drove me nuts!!

Interesting, because earlier you wrote:

"I tested the speed of the camera in store and loved everything about it. The quiet shutter, peaking focusing, and the speed of the AF were breathtaking. Unfortunately, the a57 is way out of my budget. "

And you forgot to mention better DR from the a900 and also less shadow noise at iso below 800 especially seen when lifting the shadows. Actually the a900 also feels sturdier and better dust and moisture protected than 5D MKIII which also was confirmed by luminous landscape and a guy that shot with the a900 in a dessert simply covering the camera in dust.

Look here for a900 in dust and rain.

http://www.swiatobrazu.pl/zdjecie/artykuly/82753/sony-dslr-a900-at-dakar-rally.jpg

http://www.swiatobrazu.pl/sony_dslr_a900_at_dakar_rally.html

Kind regards

David

Cartagena Photo's gear list:Cartagena Photo's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 20mm F2.8 Adobe Photoshop CS6 Adobe Bridge CS6 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow