ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
willym
Regular MemberPosts: 117Gear list
Like?
Working late in the Lab
Feb 10, 2013

Hi All,

So I had to pop into work after visiting friends last night. Think it was about 1am, and the lab was deserted - bar one other committed researcher.

Had my camera with me, so switched off all the lights, found a sturdy support, and started playing with some selective lighting.

Processed all in LR, made B&W (there are too many different colours in a lab so thought it was too distracting and did not add anything).

I've not done too much B&W processing before, and struggled getting a nice finish on these. Especially of the girl in the flow hood - I really wanted to get a nicer, softer glow on her face and hair - but it looks fairly harsh. Any tips?

The last one was processed using an HDR preset found on lightroomkilllertips. I tried getting an effect I was after without it, but this seemed to give a 'grittier' and more industrial look that I was going for. Feel like I cheated a little....

As always, C&C encouraged and appreciated.

Have a great Sunday!

Will

Cell culture room

The only other brave (stupid?) late night worker

willym's gear list:willym's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow